Monday, January 17, 2005

"I Just Couldn't"
I wanted to tell the whole world
About my love for you
But I just couldn't.
I wanted to dance my love
Sing it or write a poem
But I just couldn't.
I dreamed a fantastic dream
Of me in your arms
And a long warm kiss.
I wanted the cat to answer me back
When I held her and called your name.
But she just couldn't.
I tried to tell my little sister
About my love for you
So that her big eyes could look at me
The way I wanted you to
But she was asleep so
I just couldn't.
My folks say I'm too young
To be falling in love.
I tried to change my heart
To make it stop thinking
About you so much.
But I just couldn't
I wrote your name on all the pages
Of my diary.
I took a letter I wrote you
To the mailbox----
But I just couldn't.

-Hasna Muhammmad-




No comments: