Sunday, August 22, 2004

An up side and down side to seeing the Doc!!

I went to see my doc the other day, two days ago really. Have not seen him in a few weeks, and this was my first post-op visit since having the staples removed.
We got there right on time, a huge thing that in it of itself seeing as how that place is a 40 minute drive from my house! As soon as I walked in the door, I could see we were going to be there awhile. That place was packed, and it was hard even to find enough seats together for me, Mum and the kids to all sit with each other. After oh 45 minutes I would say {I am not sure since i did not have my watch on} I was called in to the office. Since it is a post-op visit they needed to take an x-ray to make sure that everything is still in its right place! {He told me when I went the firt of the three visits for my staples, that they want to make sure things have not shifted or such.) MAN was that room COLD!! And then I had to step up and lay down on this MEGA COLD metal table....ooooooooooo man! It did not take long to have 2 x-rays taken and I was told to go back to my room. Forever and a day later, Dr. Kurz came in to see me. {and I am not joking about the time either! I was sitting there so long in a once again freezing room, that my toes fell asleep, so I had to pace around the room to try and keep warm. I watched as others left thier rooms to leave, and the nurses changed the table paper and turned off the light. You see, by this time it was lunch break. I half expected them to leave me there and all go out to eat. But they didnt} What did I find out from him? The good news: I am healing. That may sound like a 'duh' statment, but I did not think my recovery was going very well. The bad news: I am not healing as fast as we would all like! The top of the cut has not yet sealed all the way, so I cant go swimming or start PT, like he was going to tell me to. I am to go back on the 14th to see if I am well enough to start the PT and in so doing, return to work. The bad news for Meijer: That is 2 days before I am suppose to return to my job!! If I have not yet begun PT, I may not have the strength to stand for 8 hours.
It is all in God's hands though. So I am ok with it all!
I am going to post this song, by Sixpence None The Richer, because it seems to keep coming up! I, personally, love it. {and you should know why, seeing as how it is scripture!! :D } If you ever have the chance to hear it, take it. It is called 'Trust" and the music and singing that goes with it, is just so pretty. So here we go. Here is my song of the week!
`Till next we meet`


Trust
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
Lean not on your own understanding
In all of your ways acknowledge Him
And He will make your paths straight
Don't worry about about tomorrow
He's got it under control

Just trust in the Lord with all of your heart
And He will carry you through
Lord, sometimes it gets so tough

To keep my eyes on You
When things are going rough
But then I turn my eyes up to the sky
And I hear Your voice it says to me
You have much trouble in this world

I have overcome

No comments: