Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Well, David has moved.

Back into the basement that is. For the past two months, since having his back surgery, David's computer has been up in his room. While that has been how he has wanted things for as long as I can remember, he said it was not as good as he had hopped. The reason for this was that, to fit his computer in there, they had to put it at the end of his bed. He had to lay in just the right way to be able to see the screen, and then that hurt his back. So he was either in pain, or not able to see very well. Plus, the computer was at the foot of his bed and the TV at the head! So he would have to switch positions depending on what he was doing. I am glad to have him back down here with us. It could get rather lonely when Tiff was at work, and I was the only one down here. Plus, since just about everything he needed was in his room {i.e. TV and computer.} there were days I did not see him, save for meal time. That was very weird sometimes. There would be days when he was gone to PT and I didnt know it because I had not seen him all day so thought he was still in his room!! The one nice thing though, to having him in his room....is that for 2 months I have not heard "BIRD! Hush up!" or "QUIET BIRD!" or "OOoh BIRD!!!" or "BIRD!!!". *Sigh* It was peacful down here. Lonely and quiet, but peacful! But I guess I can traid my peace and quiet for having my big brother back in the family!! :D

This week we are trying something new! :-O New you say? Yes, new. This Tuesday was the first day of school for the little ones. When we were little, there was no computer and no TV allowed before school time, and that started at 9am. {we got out of bed at 7, had till 8 to get ready for the day with dressing, and hair brushing, and bed making and such. Then at 8 we had breakfast. Then had till 9 to clean up and get the jitters out before sitting down for Bible class, which was always first.} I think they kids start school a bit later, but they are little and only take about an hour or at most two, to finish all thier work. So Mum was saying she was going to start the rule back up again for the three kids, of no TV and no computer. Saturday I think it was, Caeley came up and said she had seen something on TV that had really bothered her. It was a man with no clothes on, but parts that should not be seen had been covered by a black box or blurry section {like they do with peoples faces on COPS and such shows} She was asking why they had to show things like that on TV, and she said it was on a little kids channel but I am not sure if she was mistaken or not. Katren, Caeley, and Sam got to talking with Mum and they {the three kids} came up with the idea of not watching TV for awhile. Just to take a break and see if they could last and find other things to take up their time. While it was just suppse to be Mum and the kids that were on this TV Strike, I decided I was going to go along with it aswell and Tiff did the same. Dad said that he did not think it was fair to watch TV in the living room and have the kids leave the room to keep their promise, so he too went on this project as well. {David has a TV in his room like I said, so he is able to watch and not have interupt anyone or bother anyone.}We have done it before, but last night Tiff and I pulled out some games and started playing. Dad joined in, and Mum was in the kitchen with us washing the dishes. Soon, David came down and was making silly comments about our questions and answers for Trivial Pursuit. We had a blast and even stayed up past 11 all together, something that is odd on a school/work night, since Dad and Mum have to get up before 5 in the morning. I laughed so hard that my back hurt, and Mum was crying!! I mean not crying like BOOHOO, but there were tears rolling down her cheeks! It was great! Dont know what we will do, if anything tonight. The kitchen computer is having problems and is giving Dad a HUGE bad attitude while he trys to fix it!

Grant got his drivers license yesterday!!! WAHOOOO!! I am so very happy for him. Was just talking with Tara about it! :) Everyone is very proud of you! :)

Oh, I got a reply email from one of my cousins in Canada. She is my mothers oldest niece and is seven years older than me. Yesterday I wrote to her, in hopes of maybe starting an email correspondence. Maybe I will be able to get to know a bit more about that side of my family!!!

Well, my hands and back are starting to hurt, so I think it is about time to finish this up. Besides, if I have to look up a word in this pocket dictionary of mine, one more time to correct my own spelling, I think I am going to cry!

2 comments:

Grant H. said...

Very nifty idea about the TV Strike! Sounds like something our family would think up, if we had a TV! However, we remain satisfied with our VCR and DVD player for our limited entertainment needs.

Congratulations on David moving back so ya'll can be together! And so he can yell at the bird. ;-)

Carm said...

Yeah, you would side with him!!! :P You would probably not like Gymn-E either!!