Thursday, September 23, 2004

Sept. 23rd, 2004 most productive day for me.....almost ever

Yup! For a day, I stopped being so lazy! So here are the events of my day.

6:20, Mum got me up to get ready for PT. I have to be there by 7:30 and it is only about a15 minute trip, so I don't need all that much time.

Left for PT around 6:55, and was in the waiting room at the hospital in plenty of time.
Was called back back by one of my Therapists, Mike, and PT begin. Today was the first REAL day of my PT, yesterday I went in to meet the people that would be working with me {Kristina is supervising, meaning checking in every now and then, and Mike is a PT student. This is his third year in school for this job.} and to figure out where I was as far as healing was and how we should do my PT.

After that, I was very sore even though I did not think I was going to be! All we did was some work with the muscles in my legs, like stretches and such, and the now healed cut had to be massaged to make sure it heals without a lot of bumpy scar tissue. Like I said I did not think I was going to be all that 'changed' the first day, but a few hours later!!!! OY BOY.

So, I got home around 8:30 and had breakfast with everyone. Tiff then went to class at the Y, and I headed off to get gas. The gas light had come on while I was driving home from the hospital. Also, I wanted to buy a new CD. Something I have not done since hurting my back and having to stay out of work.

Went to the Meijer gas station.....and got stuck in my car! The door would not work! Somehow, the door panel had come off the door frame and was now stuck on the bottom car frame. {does that make any sense to anyone? I didn't describe that very well. But lets just say the door was stuck and I could not get out until I slammed up against it a few times to ram the door open} From there, I went to Best Buy and bought myself "5 Alive", the live album from a group I just started listening to. Since hearing them, well and knowing who they were. Turns outr I had heard two of their songs before, and just did not know who they were. So, since hearing them and looking the band up, I have been listening to music I got off the net {through Amazon.} I got the CD, though, so I will be able to take it with me and be able to listen to it at other times then when I am only at the computer.

I am not sure what time it was when i got home, but soon after returning I left once again.This time, to go to AutoZone and get a peg to hold the door together, and to see if they could read the codes that Mandie has been throwing. They read them, and I got the peg and came home.

Fixed the door in the visitor parking spot out front of the house {stuck the peg in the door and punched it as hard as I could to get it to stick in the hole!! :D hee hee} and then weeded the garden with Kade, Mum, and the kids.


And I did all of this BEFORE 12! A time that, the past two months, has been my wake up call time!!

I was a bit tired after lunch, and did not do AlOt for a few hours. But around 3, I went on a walk and took with my CD number one from Carbon Leaf's album. I had already determined that I was going to walk the entire time music was playing from the headphones. Guess I should have checked to see how long that first CD was!! An HOUR later, I collapsed in the living room. :)

As well as all this, all day I have been doing my 'homework' given to me today at PT. To help support my back, I need to strengthen my abs. I am to walk around, sit, lay down, EVERYTHING, while sucking in my stomach and holding my shoulders as straight as I can. {this is also to help my posture.}

So see?? Rather productive huh?? :)

Boy am I tired! Mum says she has heard that three seconds of holding your tummy in, is equal to one sit up. I have done MANY sit ups today!! oy! And I got two blisters on my feet while on my walk! :(
Oh well! I had a fun day anyway!
All topped off by a nice chat with Tara. And tonight, Kade and I are suppose to go over to watch a movie with Chris.

We have decided it will be fun to go again, to the festival, since Chris' Mom has been given free tickets and offered us some. Tiff and I are going to go by ourselves on Saturday, it looks like, and we will go watch ALL the shows. :) YAY!! We will get to see the whip skit again, and all the way through this time!! YAYAY

So steadily go, the rain...
So steadily go, the time...
So steadily go, the season...
So steadily go, long ago... ..
.All the little mysteries of a big yard ..
.A little bit older, rake the lawn ..
.I am a field mouse in a tall tree ...
Dreaming past the world below
Na-na-now, we live it up lonely, but anyhow...
I'll not complain, nowadays
Na-na-Now, we live it up lonely,
high on the bow...
Mice in a maze, nowadays
"Imagination Fades With Memory"
I think I made that up (can't quite recall)
...So steadily go, the rain ...
So steadily go, the time
So in love with the notion of being in love
And all my old friends...newly married
Acquaintance now, kiss them good-bye
[Chorus]
Such a cold day for letter writing
Cup of tea, warm regards
Window paints a Herb Jones kind of weather
Wouldn't have it any other way
(at least today...)
[Chorus]

1 comment:

Grant H. said...

Wow! You really did have an truly wonderful and productive day! I'm happy for you! Now I just need to do the same thing...:/