Monday, October 18, 2004

"Hi-diddely-o, didn't ya know? You fade once you glow "

" Today I strike out on my own...." This morning, as I walked out of Troy Hospital, I heard this line sung through my headphones. It just seemed to fit with my mood! "Hi-diddely-o, didn't ya know? You fade once you glow Didn't ya know, child? After the ryhme, high time diddely-o, didn't you know? You fade once you glow. Didn't ya known, child? After the ryhme, high time." Heh, I am such a drama queen!! OY. But really, that is how I felt! I have been having so much fun the past few weeks at PT {we will call this the 'glow'} and now it is all over {this would be the 'fade'} So much rested on when I finished PT. It was another step in the direction of full recovery. It was the time that I would be allowed to return to work. It was a sign that I was to return to more normal life. And yet, as I got into my car, the end of PT meant something else. It meant the end of the nice drive three times a week, where I got to sing as loud as I wanted and think about what my day held. It was the end of silly jokes like 'Uh, did you count this one? Cause I sure didnt!' and 'Hey! You have to breathe while you do this, dont want you to pass out!' And it meant that I now had to find my own modivation to do my back work out! Like I said, I am a drama queen! :) And love every minute of it!! :P

I did go into Meijer and talk to my boss Jim. I did that Thursday. He seemed to half way expect what I had to say. After much prayer and tearful talking with both parents, I came to the conclusion that a perminante return to Meijer was not possible. Where I to go back to my old postition as cashier, and stay there for any lengthy time, I could end up doing a great deal of damage to my back, and if nothing else just keep myself in a great deal of pain! Neither of which I want to do. The plan now, is that I will work from the 26th of this month, to the 6th of next month. I need the money, and I wanted to give them the notice that was required, so as to leave in good standings. This just means that I will have to be very very careful for the ten days I am there, and make sure that I dont do any twisting. It will also mean that I am going to be SOOOO very tired, since I am going to have to totally turn my body everytime I have to put something into the stinkin bag!! OY. I am happy with the decision. While it is going to be hard to leave after three years, I know this is what is best, and what God wants. After I get home from Iowa I am going to begin putting aplications into local hotels, to see if I can work at the front desk. This would be a low impact, no lifting, sitting or standing when needed, job. It sounds perfect to me!!! :)

So there you have it. Talk to you all later! :)

No comments: