Thursday, October 07, 2004

Poor Tiff!

Today started like the other Thursdays of the past few weeks. I got up, got ready for PT, talked to Mum for awhile, then got in my car and took off down the road for the hospital. I got down right near the library, at the lights infront of all the restaurants, and had to stop for a red light. When I hit the gas to start up again, the car shook horribly and was so hard to keep in control. I could tell something was wrong with the tire {Yup, I am one great detective aint I?? JUST from that, I could tell that there was something wrong. :P } Now remember, this is still before 7 in the morning, so it is rather dark! There is no doubt in my mind that God was watching over me right then! Not only did this NOT happen on M59 a very busy busy road I have to take to get there, but also because, when I needed to get over to the side of the road ASAP, there were NO cars anywhere in my path! It was great. I was able to get into a back road to the "La Shish" that is there and being worked on, from where I saw that the tire was completely flat. After Mum got there {I was grabbing for my phone even before I was able to pull all the way into that road.} I drove the car all the way into the parking lot, and left my Mandie there, as I hopped in the van and continued down the street to my appt!
Even with all that drama.......I got there with two minutes to spare! {good thing I like to leave early and be to Troy Beaumont half an hour right? Had I left with JuSt enough time to get there, I would have been very late!} Turns out, Mike was running late as well, and was not yet finished with the patient before me, and so I got there in plenty of time! As always, had a not so 'painless' but very fun PT visit.

Then, once home, I had breakfast with Mum, the kids, and Kade before she went to the Y for her class and we took off to do Meals On Wheels. We also stopped in at Wal*Mart and looked at tire prices!

We all ate lunch together, and then again Mum, the kids, and I took off to go back to Mandie, to see if we could change the tire.We were not able to do it all ourselves, and by ourselves, I mean Mum, since I was not able to do much of ANYTHING! However, there were some very nice constuction workers, that took pitty on the poor ladies trying to get the lug nuts off, and came over to help us. One man, gave us a can of "fix-a-flat" to use instead of the bike pump we were inflating the tire up with. {It was working pretty well I must say though!} We were very greatful to him, and begain to put it in the tire right away. At first, it worked. But then, it started to spurt out the bottom of the tire! White foam everywhere! Oy! Then, in an effort to move the tire a bit, I turned the car on and move the wheel.......that is when fix a flat foam went flying, covering a good foot around the tire! This is when we realized, that the tire really was BLOWN to bits and that reinflaiting was no longer an option. The second man came over while we were working on getting the tire off. He was able to get two of the lug nuts off, that Mum had been unable to do so. The last one, however, had no cap on it. It was just the plain nut. There in lies the HUGE problem that has befallen my prized Mandie! Dad came home from work, and was good enough to come and help me aswell. {Mum had to go back to the house to get some tools that might work better, and there met Dad on his way in from work. He then drove her back in the van along with a trunk load of supplies!}
Even with everything that my wonderful Father tried, removing the lug nut was just not possible. It seems that it has become 'one' with the rim and will need to be cut off!! SO NOW! I have to have it towed to a shop tomorow morning, {a trip that will cost me $60} have them cut off the melted-stirpped-problimatic nut and replace it with a new stud so that I can put on a spare, {a prosses that is going to run about $30} and from there take Mandie to Wal*Mart to have a new tire put on {this totally another $40-$45} What does all this mean? By the end of tomorow........I will have NO money left at all, and may even owe my sister, if my accounts do not contain the needed cash.

Now, you may say to yourself after this long sad sob story, why has she titled it poor Tiff?? Because, my friends, all of this happened on my younger sisters 19th birthday! Yup! Thats right! The 'baby' of our family for 10 years, has just started the last of her teen years. And, the poor thing, was left alone for a good part of the day, due to Mandie's little temper tantrum, Meals on Wheels, and Wal*Mart! Poor thing! Today was a wonderful day, beacuse it was Tiff's birthday............but had it not been so, I think I would catagorize it under "day I wish never happened!" Oy! I have a feeling it will be the same for tomorow!! :( Oh dear!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY KADE!!!!
I may not have seemed all that
'wild' about you when you were born
;)
But I truly do not know
what I would do without you!
You are much more than my sister!
It's where I am, It's where I go,
When I need to be alone
Or find someone.
I'll sift sand and souls
And telephone poles
Stretched on this lonely
Stretch of road..
. This beach head road.
But the days gone by... For sure!
But tomorrow's back... For more!
Don't let the days go by... No more!
She is the one I hear the roar,
But i'm lost just name the shore...
Just the name the shore.
The melted chest,
Today was the day
When all i had to say
Came flooding her way.
But the days gone by.. For sure!
But tomorrow's back... For more!
Can't let the days go by
Once more!
Days gone by...
It's where I am,
So here I go.
Rehearse and first
and no Regrets to show.
What good is a speech
When at the beach?
Can't walk or talk or stand. I
guess i'll write it in the sand.
But the days gone by... For sure!
But tomorrow's back... For more!
Don't let the days go by... No more!
Days gone by...

No comments: