Saturday, October 09, 2004

"Right on time, will you stay through this pouring rain?"

It has felt like one of those days...........wait no.......weeks! Pouring rain! Even though, it has been rather sunning out, specially for this time of year.
I got my car fixed today. So Mandie is now road worthy.......however, I no longer have the money to pay for gas to put her back ON the road!! :D lol Fixing her took nearly every cent I had! Things were different prices than I had thought they would be, and the work more extensive than before contemplated. Not only did that one stud need to be tourched off, but all five had to be replaced. I was told they were all very rusted and would have most likely caused certain doom sometime down the road. {They gave me the one they had to cut off........I can see how surprising it is that it held anything at all, let alone be the main sorce of problems in removal of the tire!! See, if it had not been for that ONE lug nut......my cost would have been about $50. But, since I had to have the car taken to a shop on the back of a towing truck, and then have the tire torch cut off and the studs replaced, it added another $100 to the total costs!!}
During all this, my brother has had some problems with the company that hosts his website, leading him into financial distress aswell! Then, Mum really needed a tooth taken care of, and the Doc was a bit underhanded in how he delt with things, therefor charging us for things Mum and Dad really did not want to pay for! OY!
The title to this post, is a line in a song that I love. Its called "Depression Song" and it is done by a group called Carbon Leaf {whos lyrics I have also been using as my 'closing statement'} Just seemed to fit with my mood! :)
Well, I think thats all for now....hhmm what song should I close with??
Here I'm debating time, I'm waiting
chme the wake
Free fall the cannonball volcanic
shatters on the lake
You settle down, where you runnin to?
What else can you prove?
How many, many more until you lose?
You thought a better plan could
shake this shadow land
This frozen tundra hand...
Chorus
---------
I'm turning it from shade to light
Hold it up to candlelight, roaring into firelight,
Scorching up the charlatans until it's city wide
All the people mobilize, nothing left to polarize
And nothing left to fake
Ring around the lake. Ring around the lake.
Right on time. will you stay
throught the pouring rain?
Right on time...through the night,
your laughter is my light
Right on time, desperation song
Dear I have missed your sigh
since crystal skies moved on
Peer out through Shadow's doubt
I had no passion all along
You settle down. where you running to?
What else can you prove?
Is this all a game? Was this all a ruse?
I've waited by the phone. Cold as river stone
Anxiety. Alone...
Chorus
Ring around the lake. Ring around the lake.
Right on time. will you stay
throught the pouring rain?
Right on time...through the night,
your laughter is my light
Right on time, desperation song
Right on time, desperation song

2 comments:

Grant H. said...

Wow, you really got it dished out to you this week! I'm glad that you got Mandie fixed, but it is very distressing to hear of your money problems! Money problems can be even more difficult than car problems! We'll be praying for you! :-)

Carm said...

Thanks! Prayer is needed, and very welcome these days!! :) You guys have been really great the past few months, during everything we have gone through health wise and all. So I thank you very much, for your prayers, chats, and friendship! :)